Sunday 4 December 2016

My Favourite Things by Christie Barlow




My favourite people.

My family! Whose patience has never gone unnoticed while I have been locked away in my writing cave.



My favourite friend.

Anita Redfern! Friendship is a real gift. It’s given with no expectations and no gratitude is needed. She is one in a million and my loyal true friend.


My favourite animal.

This of course has to be my mad cocker spaniel Woody, who is by my side every day and is unquestionably the best company ever!



My favourite food.
I adore all types of curry especially when it is washed down with a cold beer!


My favourite drink.

I love a glass of Pinot Grigio after a hard day in the writing cave.


Favourite Film.

My favourite film of all time is A Few Good Men which I think was released around 1992. It’s a dramatic courtroom thriller. LT Daniel Kaffee, a Navy lawyer who has never seen the inside of the courtroom, defends two stubborn Marines who have been accused of murdering a colleague. However, even though I know this film off by heart, at the last count I have watched it nearly three hundred times. I LOVE Tom Cruise and my gosh he looks hot in his uniform in this movie!


Favourite book.

My favourite book of all time is Enid’s Blyton's first Famous Five book – Five on a Treasure Island. This book has stayed with me from the age of seven when I can remember sitting on an old trunk in my bedroom and not moving all day until I finished reading it. I have introduced all my children to these books. They are absolute classics and every child should have the opportunity to read them; they are truly fantastic.


My favourite song.

This is a difficult one as I love music! However, without sounding too morbid I’ve chosen Never Forget by Take That. Why would that be morbid I hear you ask? Well, because that is the song I want playing at my funeral! As I disappear behind the curtain, I would like everyone standing on their pews with their arms in the air singing this song at the top of their voices!


My favourite holiday destination.

Anywhere with a sandy beach, sunshine and the odd cocktail!


My favourite season.

It’s got to be winter! I love the snow, log fires, hot chocolate and especially Christmas! It’s the most magical time of the year!


My favourite inspirational quote.
Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve – J.K.Rowling.


My bio

Christie Barlow is the author of A Year in the Life of a Playground Mother, The Misadventures of a Playground Mother, Kitty's Countryside Dream and Lizzie's Christmas Escape. She lives in Staffordshire with her husband, four kids, horses, chickens and a mad cocker spaniel. Her writing career came as somewhat a surprise when she decided to write a book to teach her children a valuable life lesson and show them that they are capable of achieving their dreams. The book she wrote to prove a point is now a #1 bestseller in the UK and USA.

Christie loves to hear from her readers and you can get in touch via her website www.christiebarlow.com Twitter @ChristieJBarlow and Facebook page Christie Barlow author





A gorgeous country house hotel, a liberal dusting of snow, a cosy weekend away…what more could Lizzie ask for at Christmas?Every Christmas Lizzie promises herself that things will change and she will leap into the new year a new woman. And yet here she is again, at the beginning of December and nothing is different. Her girls have grown up and left home, her husband Henry is slumped in front of the TV and she is alone in the kitchen, seeking refuge in the cooking sherry and talking to her Gary Barlow calendar. She’s also been very diverted by handsome new neighbour Marcus and she knows she shouldn’t be …

So when best friend Ann suggests a weekend away in the country, Lizzie jumps at the chance. Will this Christmas escape give Lizzie some much needed perspective and allow her to mend her marriage? Or will Marcus prove to be too much of a distraction?

A funny feel good festive read about rediscovering the magic of Christmas - just the thing to curl up with on a cold winter's night.


Thank you so much for joining us on My Favourite Things Christie

Sincerely
Book Angel x








No comments:

Post a Comment