Thursday 30 November 2017

My Favourite Christmas Things by Carrie Elks


  

Favourite savoury food

Pigs in blankets are a huge favourite in our house – and definitely outshine the turkey for Christmas lunch. We don’t eat them at any other time of year, so they’re a real treat, and we all fight over the last one. They’re good cold, too, for a Boxing Day buffet, but sadly there are never any left by the 26th!



Favourite sweet food

Chocolate, of course! I always buy a huge tub of Quality Streets for Christmas, and hide it in the garage until we’re close to the big day. There’s something lovely about unwrapping them and indulging in the evening (as long as it’s not an orange crème, that is!)



Favourite Christmas drink

I love a glass of Baileys over the Christmas period. It has to be served on ice, and preferably in my favourite Baileys glass. I’m the only one who drinks it in our house, so one bottle lasts me well into the new year. Lucky me!



Favourite Christmas film

It’s A Wonderful Life. I love old movies, and I’m a huge James Stewart fan, so it’s pretty much heaven for me. But really, I love all Christmas film – from the 1st of December they’ll be on a loop on my TV!



Favourite Christmas book

I loved reading Christmas stories to my children when they were smaller. On Christmas Eve, after they put their stockings up, we’d always read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas. As they got older, we would read Jostein Gaarder’s The Christmas Mystery every year. Those books hold very happy memories for me.



Favourite Christmas Song

I’m a child of the 80s, so it has to be Last Christmas by Wham. It’s amazing how good it still sounds. It will be even more poignant this year, after we lost George Michael last Christmas.



Favourite Christmas Holiday destination

I would love to go to Kakslauttanen in Finland, where they have glass igloos and the Northern Lights. If Santa wants to fly over while I lay in bed looking up to the sky, then that would make it perfect.



Favourite Christmas animal

My pug, Plato, when he’s dressed up in his Christmas sweater. He’s the perfect festive companion.



Favourite Christmas Person

Can I say my husband? I’ve spent around 23 Christmases with him so far, so he’s my most consistent Christmas companion!



Place to write

In bed, with a mug of hot chocolate, and Christmas music blasting from the stereo, with the dog curled up next to me.



Favourite Christmas Tradition

Though it’s always sad putting away the tree and the decorations, we have a little tradition that makes it feel a bit better. My family and I write down our hopes and wishes for the year ahead, then pack them away with the rest of the boxes. Then, the following year, we open them and see if they came true!



Favourite Christmas thing in the whole world

My family. It wouldn’t be Christmas without them.



About Carrie

Carrie Elks writes contemporary romance with a sizzling edge. Her first book, Fix You, has been translated into eight languages and made a surprise appearance on Big Brother in Brazil. Luckily for her, it wasn’t voted out.



Carrie lives with her husband, two lovely children and a larger-than-life black pug called Plato. When she isn’t writing or reading, she can be found baking, drinking an occasional (!) glass of wine, or chatting on social media.



Website: http://carrieelks.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CarrieElks

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarrieElksAuthor/



 

A WINTER’S TALE releases on 30th November 2017





Thanks so much for joining us today Carrie and sharing your favourite Christmas things, I love your Christmas tradition.

Sincerely
Book Angelx




No comments:

Post a Comment